Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Open to the Possibilities

That's Hadley. She's one of my great-nieces...my other great-niece, Sari, will be 2 yrs old next month; Hadley's nearly 16 months old. You know you're young when you can still be "months" old. I think I'm about a bazillion months old..that must mean I'm still young too.

The picture was taken in Blairsville on Thanksgiving '08...click here to see the rest. Hadley's dad is my nephew, Brian, and I think she just may be his clone.

Hadley and Sari have breathed a new life energy into my family. Their little new bodies and minds are so open and clear, and it seems that as a family unit, my family has grown and matured. I dare say that we actually ENJOY family functions a bit more. At least I do.

Ten years ago I would have not believed that one day I would look forward to the next wedding or Bar Mitzvah or holiday. Instead of dread, I find myself usually excited and happy for a chance to see everyone...especially the babies.

I saw Wayne Dyer yesterday and he was talking about how everything we do comes down to two things..we are either acting on fear or love. Today I am staying open to the possibilities...that I can choose love and not fear. That I can release ego and act mindfully and in line with the universe.

If I can grow to a point where I actually enjoy my family (most of the time...I'm not talking about miracles!), then anything is possible.

Today I am definitely open to the possibilities.

1 comment:

Audrey Chapline said...

Cute picture! Yes, I think it's a challenge to try to be open to possibilities and treaure each day but I try to think about it for a minute or so every day! This is weird, but every night before I go to sleeep, I remember how old and I am (44). Then I think I can't believe I'm that old and my time is running out! All the more reason to be open to possibilities!