Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Last Post of the Year?


I keep thinking I will wait at least a week before my next entry, but then I get a little inspiration and here I am again. I joined an online jewelry group about 8 or 9 years ago, back when little was ever heard of such a thing, and after a little hiatus after my trip this past Summer, I just rejoined the other day. It's a great group of jewelry dealers from all over the globe, and the group is ever growing...a diverse group of people...all ages, nationalities, and jewelry interests.



As a fun way to end the year, I thought I would just list some little tidbits about the Family Jewels and my personal history...things that may and may not be related to jewelry, but what the heck. Send me links and comments and share a little about YOU!

  • I was born a month after the Beatles performed in Atlanta in 1965.
  • I'm a Virgo and the 4th child with 3 older brothers.
  • I've always lived in the metro Atlanta Georgia area.
  • I thought I was going to be either a lawyer (like one of my brothers) or a disc jockey until I "accidentally" discovered an interest in old stuff and voila...I became an antique dealer.
  • I got my first job at a local theater when I was 13 yrs old..I lied and said I was 15.
  • I became really good at math at that first job since calculators had not been invented yet and I had to add everything up in my head.
  • I graduated high school, got my own apartment, and began college all before I turned 17 years old.
  • My father died on New Years Day when I was 20 and not a day goes by that I don't miss him...he would have loved The Family Jewels business and was a born salesman.
  • My business name, The Family Jewels, got its name as a joke, and it stuck.
  • The Family Jewels was voted "Best of Atlanta" several times as the best antique shop in Atlanta by Creative Loafing magazine.
  • I am a single mom to a wonderful 19 year old son who is a freshman at University of Georgia and just made straight As his first semester.
  • I probably will always buy, sell and collect antique jewelry.
  • I teach yoga and am pursuing a degree as a holistic nutrition consultant.
  • I have two dogs and had cats for over 20 years until last September.
  • I am passionate about antique jewelry, yoga, and nutrition and health.
Well, I suppose that is it for now. I wish everyone a peaceful and joyous new year and hope to hear from you all soon.

Namaste, Lisa

No comments: