Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Something's in the Air


This time of year is always a bit different for me. The holidays are upon us, New Year's day is around the corner, and on top of that, the U.S. is preparing for not just a new president, but the first African American one at that. The energy is up...whether positive or not, it can often be a source of stress as we deal with transitions into the next year.

As the year closes, I find myself being more reflective in general. Not just on my own growth or lack there of, but also on the state of the world around us. Economic, environmental, political, and social issues abound, and there are things I can do and things I cannot.

So for today I choose to focus on the moment the best I can. That means that I take care of myself first...ie...yoga, healthy eating, sufficient rest. This sets a foundation for me to be able to achieve balance in other avenues, including my Family Jewels website and nutrition studies.
I don't always succeed, and lately, I have been much more passionate with The Family Jewels and my yoga teacher training than with my studies...and for today that will have to be okay. What I know to be true for me is that I can choose to believe that as long as I put out some effort each day to be my authentic self, the universe will continue to provide everything I need. I wish joy and abundance for all...including myself.

No comments: